Thursday, August 2, 2012


Friday Eve...

My vintage ballet bag under-went a small upgrade this evening as I added a Chicago flag patch to the worn leather. I sewed the patch onto the bag by hand. I have not sewn something in a short while; the last being modifications to a skirt that was too large for my waist. I find sewing by hand ever-so rewarding; & I am enjoying the look of my new bag very much.

Developments in the Sid case... apparently he was back today, but my neighbor diverted him immediately. I sat outside with my neighbor & his son for the better part of a half hour this evening, discussing Sid & the fact that there is no way he will be getting into our building. I feel very lucky to have such watchful, kind neighbors living beneath me. We exchanged phone numbers tonight with the promise that I call police & that I also call my neighbor if there is ever any issue. 

I took a short bike ride this evening to the library, & came home with a plethora of CDs: Megadeth, Sex Pistols, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, & MGMT. 

I then stopped by & visited with neighbors on Halsted; we sat on lawn chairs, & watched the neighborhood evening turn to dusk on the busy South Side street.

I made a quick stop-off at the market before heading home, made a lovely dinner, & spent a short time sewing my new patch onto my old bag. Vintage Nouveau lives on!