Sunday, June 24, 2012


Wise men say only fools rush in
but I can't help falling in love with you

Dear Chicago: I met a fella. A marvelous fella. He is bright, thoughtful, dedicated, talkative, handsome, & he treats me like a princess. I have been spending the past four weeks or so with my mind on my fella & my fella on my mind. This may be the serotonin talking, but I... I am just smitten. 

I successfully traveled my Spring away, & now I find myself in the throws of a lovely life change to include time for my fella. 



I have been getting myself in & out of the ballet studio regularly, which is good for my soul. My indoor petit jardin urbain is shaping up nicely; I have little wildflowers everywhere, & my basil is growing well (the cilantro? Not so much...) 



Enjoyed a rock show this weekend with my Joe. We danced together & left the venue with ringing ears. I ate my first bowl of cereal in months at his house the next day.



Today I rode the L up towards my former Chicago stomping-grounds to get entirely too much sun & watch the Chicago Pride Parade with friends. I am currently sunshine-exhausted, stomach full of a nice salad I made for dinner, showered & rinsed of glitter eye-shadow, resting on my couch in my pajamas watching Law & Order, the windows in my apartment open to the evening breeze.