My summer-time undertakings have become numerous: noise shows, my garden, music & concerts, photography projects, finding the time to attend & do all sorts of familial things and do a few things like, oh say... go to the city, the August Hill Winery, etc.Now, I have added a new activity to the summer-time list:
Vintage Nouveau.
I have collected a number of thrift store-finds and I am refurbishing them to make NEW clothing, shoes & handbags. Thus, Vintage Nouveau.
I don't have any plans at this point other than to make things for my own self to wear; and so far I have successfully created a couple of nouveau skirts, two pairs of shoes & I am currently working on a handbag.
I own no sewing machine, so everything I sew is done by hand. Each and every stitch. It's fabulously rewarding & the results turn out like this:

The above is a Gap brand skirt I found at the Village Discount in Aurora, Illinois. Some girl probably spent a decent amount of money on the skirt and I spent a whole 90 cents. No joke.
The slit up the side of the skirt was pretty high, a bit too "racy" for me (I may be a weird girl but I tend to err on the side of modest modesty!) To remedy this lengthy, leg-showy slit, I hand-sewed some skull & crossbones print fabric to fill it in. Punk. Rock.
I am enjoying my new-found calling of creating Vintage Nouveau.